Question
Posted by: KIA | 2009/12/02

Blood type and what you eat

Please give me an idea of the correct proportion of carbs, proteins, etc that one should eat for a day. This is all Greek to me as I just eat what I want to and don' t take notice of these things. A friend told me that people should follow a diet specific for their blood types. Is this true? I am BPos, what should I eat?

Dear Kia
Most diets for slimming recommend that you have approx. 15% protein, 20% fat and 65% carbohydrate with 6300 kJ per day to reduce weight. The diet on this Website that I recommended to you yesterday should do the trick. do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. For example, it is not credible that every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet. Just stick to reduced energy and fat and you will lose that weight.

1

Dear Kia