Posted by: Sharms | 2009-04-15

Blood type

Hi where can I find out what to eat and not to eat according to my blood type?

Dear Sharms
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet. Rather use a low-fat balanced diet which includes all the food groups and plenty of exercise to lose weight.