Question
Posted by: Popi | 2010/11/26

Blood thinning injection

I need advise

I miscarried in September and we are considering trying again.I went for m six weeks check up and tests and doc cant see anything on blood and since it is a second miscarriage he suggested blood thinning injection which I take everyday till am 32 weeks.Anyone ever heard and used this and what were the results??What is called.What other options are available

You may mean heparin. This is usually only used if there is a proven clotting problem.

2

Posted by: Maryam | 2010/11/26

Blood thinning products like adpirin and heparin can be given in certain cases of pregnancies to prevent muscarriage. It is usually given in recurrent abortions and certain diseases but i dont think u need it if u had only 1 miscarriage abd ur blood tests are all normal.

Reply to Maryam