Question
Posted by: CS | 2009-02-11

Blood Tests when trying to conceive

Dear Doc

I would like to find out the following from you: My husband and I are trying to conceive. We went to see our gynae in the beginning of Jan' 09 and were given the go-ahead. What I' m wondering about is how nececary (if at all) it is to take blood tests to see if our DNA is compatible? We don' t have any diseases but he has artiritis in his family.
I hope you can give me some advice in this regard. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

CS

It is not necssary to have any tests done unless you have had problems in the past.