Question
Posted by: Resh | 2009/02/26

Blood tests prescribed by gynae.

My gynae has requested me to go for 2 blood test after I have discussed with him that I want to start my plan to fall pregnant.
I am expected to go on Day 23(after my menstruation) and Day 3. Why do I have to do these test. It is definitely not rubella etc. I very vaguely understand that it has something to do with my ovulation and hormonal balance. Kindly clarify.

It is to see if you are ovulating normally and if you ovaries still have sufficient eggs .

1
Posted by: Dee | 2009/02/27

It is to check your hormone levels. Day 23 is to check for ovulation (progesterone levels) and Day 3 is to check for ovarian reserve (FSH test)

Reply to Dee