Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010/08/31

Blood tests for cancer

Good day, I have a tumor on my spleen. The dr couldnt do a biopsy. He did a lot of blood tests. The tests came back with no signs of cancer. Is this result reliable? I must go for a follow up scan in 3 months time. If the tumor has grown it, the spleen will be removed. Thanks.

Hallo Annie
A growth on an organ is not necessarily cancerous and blood tests can indicate whether there are signs of cancer, although it is not 100% conclusive. Even a non cancerous growth can be dangerous as it can press on surrounding organs and cause damage to these.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/31

Hallo Annie