Question
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012/04/17

Blood tests

Hi there Doctor,

We have been ttc for 13 months now and made an appointment with a fertility spesialis. I was never on the pill.

History:
I am 34 and hubby is 41
He has 8% morphology, and the rest of the parameters are average

I KNOW that I ovulate, as I have regular periods (26days) and I can feel a dull pain in my side on the 12th day. I also have stretchy muscus over that period.

I had a laparoscopy 8 years ago where I didn''t have any endometriosis, nor blocked tubes.

I had a scan recently and no fibriods were picked-up and everything else look good.

My question is:
What else can be wrong that we are struggling to conceive?

We are doing everything according to the book: eating healthy, drinking our Vits: StaminoGro, Sperm Aid, Anti-oxidants, Vit C, Vit E, Follic Acid etc... and we are having intercourse every second day.

What else could be wrong and what are our treatment options, please? I don''t know if the 8% morphology is the only problem here, or is there something more serious wrong.

Thank you very much - much appreciated :)

Dear Bee Sting

The interval since your laparoscopy is very long in fertility terms and I would advise a re-look at the patency of your tubes and exclusion of endometriosis. The tube can be assessed initially by X-rays called Hysterosalpingogram (HSG). Thereafter, if tubes are patent, I suggest home ovulation monitoring with urine LH testing kits and at least 3 intrauterine inseminations attempts. If these are not successful then I would suggest in-vitro fertilization (IVF) or a laparoscopy followed by IVF if the laparoscopy is clear. The problem may be a fertilization problem which will be confirmed and solved hopefully by the IVF procedure.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/04/26

Dear Bee Sting

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Nicky | 2012/04/20

The stretchy mucus and dull pain isn''t really proof that you ovulate. Have you used an ovulation test? Or have you had scans to monitor this?

Once you have your appointment with your FS, you will have a better idea.

Reply to Nicky