Posted by: Peter | 2010-07-04

Blood Tests

Dear Doctor. I have a suspicion that I have some strange virus. I am not sexually active so I know its not an STD. I have constant pain behind my right eye and down my neck and not even a voltaren injection works. Antibiotics seem to ease the pain for a while. I have one BIG fault and that is I smoke so it could be sinus infection. However the scary part is my head is constantly stiff and tight and so is my neck. My eyes hurt like hell and I cannot concentrate for long and i have to lay down all the time. How do I get a full body check through the governement hospitals and is this possible. All the hospitals seem reluctant to help me. Who do i approach. I beg of you or someone to put me in the right direction as I am very poor and have no medical aid or money. I am in agony each day and want to end my life it is so bad. There must be something I can do PLEASE Is this SINUS. My ears are also popping but its the tight pressure all over my skull that is killing me

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Peter

Your complaints do not sound like sinusitis, but it is impossible to diagnose your problem without a full examination. I suggest you see a GP for at least an examination, and tell them what your complaints are. You need a referral from a doctor to get into the state sector, but the important thing is that you are referred to the appropriate department as to not waste your time. You may try this via the dayhospital route, but generally it takes a few visits before you are referred.
You should tell the GP what your requirements are, as the referral process can be sped up if your condition requires it.