Posted by: siya | 2009-02-04

blood tests

when you go to the docter and you have blood samples drawn,what tests does he run with your blood,do they check for aids or do they just run random tests with your blood until they can detect what is wrong with you.

Dear Siya
They are not allowed to test for AIDS without counselling you and getting your permission. The tests that are done depend on what the doctor think may be the problem after he listened to your symptoms and examined you to see if he finds anything physically wrong. He may for instance check your liver or kidneys or iron level or hormones with blood tests.
dr Bets

Posted by: madi | 2009-02-05

My mom went for blood tests a few weeks ago. (History - mom is smoking, no drinking) was hospitalized because of depression - my dad passed away suddenly of a heart attack / stroke in Jan 08. Doc said mom' s white blood cells are lower that it should be. He says she should go back for follow ups every 3 months. Does this mean she will b ok? What can a person use to build cells? (he didnt say anything about cancer - and everywhere i check it says " leukemia" ) what can she eat? or what vitamins should she use to build up her immune system??

Please help
Regards Madi

Reply to madi