Question
Posted by: Sam | 2008/10/17

Blood test positive - sonar nothing

I am 2 weeks late with my period. I did a home test and it was negative. Then I went for a blood test. The dr said that my hCG level is 10, and said that I was pregnant. I went to the clinic this morning and they did a sonar - they couldn'  t pick anything up. Then she did a urine test and it was negative. She said that the dr was wrong but isn'  t a blood test suppose to be more accurate? I'  m a bit confused now, am I or am I not pregnant?
Thank you!

Dear Sam

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you have your blood test repeated and if the beta-hCG level increased, you are pregnant. An ultrasound at an early stage of pregnancy, will not necessarily show a fetus.

Kind regards