Question
Posted by: Sam | 2008/10/17

Blood test positive - sonar nothing

I am 2 weeks late with my period. I did a home test and it was negative. Then I went for a blood test. The dr said that my hCG level is 10, and said that I was pregnant. I went to the clinic this morning and they did a sonar - they couldn' t pick anything up. Then she did a urine test and it was negative. She said that the dr was wrong but isn' t a blood test suppose to be more accurate? I' m a bit confused now, am I or am I not pregnant?
Thank you!

The blood test is accurate. It may just be too early to see anyhting on scan. You should have the blood test repeated in a few days to see if the levels are increasing.

5
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/28

I had a blood test done on monday and my hcg is 32.04. My blood test was positive. This morning a woke up with heavy cramping and started heavy bleeding. I went to a gynie and he did a internal sonar and told me he cant see anything that he thinks I might have had a complete miscaridge. Is it possible to have a positive blood test and there is nothing?

Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/20

It' s to early to see anything on a sonar now. you' ll only be 6 weeks at the end of this week. and you hcg count has to be over 1000 before you' ll see anything. maybe just go for another blood test to see if your count is doubling.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Sam | 2008/10/17

On the 5th of September

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/17

it might be to early to show on the scan. when was the first day of your last period?

Reply to Nix
Posted by: pretty | 2008/10/17

by the look of things you are pregnant beacuse the blood test is more accurate than other tests

Reply to pretty