Posted by: Worried | 2009-08-13

blood test needed?

I have this open sore (skin deep) on my leg for a month now. I went to the doc and was prescribed an anti-biotic. Before going on the anti-biotic I also developed small itchy pimples all over my body - which resulted in me going to the doc. Can the pimples be caused by the sore - or do I require blood tests?

Dear Worried
I don't think the ulcer caused the pimples, but it could have been caused by something you are allergic to - could be something you ate or something you put on the wound. Has it cleared up now?

Posted by: Worried | 2009-08-14

Hi Dr Bets
thanks for the advice and no it hasnt cleard up yet. It looks like the ulcer is finally clearing up but the pimple are just getting more...

Reply to Worried