Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2010/01/11

Blood Test Indicator for Heart Disease Risk

Hi Cyberdoc

Happy New Year!

My GP did an ultra-senstive blood test for heart disease (CRP) I think its called. I puts me at high risk. My cholesterol is 6.5 and needs to get down to 5 (addressing with diet). We have a family history of heart disease. I' m 44 year old female. The thing is he told me that as I have Asthma he does not know what % of the test is attributable to the Asthma or to my heart disease risk. He is sending me to a Cardiologist. Do you know if and how they can distinguish between the inflammation in the blood test results?

I am also peri-menopausal apparently according to the blood tests. I was on Yasmin (bleeding one week afer the silver section and one week before). The lab calculated me at 22 days. I just want to know if that matters, because my GP told me my Oestrogen level is alarmingly low and the FSH very high. I' m off to the Gynae next Tuesday.

Does HRT improve the mood factor? I have been so moody and just awful to my family of late.

Tx
Tammy

Hallo Tammy
An increase in serum C-reactive protein levels measured by high-sensitivity assays may indicate airflow obstruction and airway inflammation. However, the cardiologist would look at more than just the CRP levels to determine the risk levels and what should be done to reduce your risk. HRT may help with moodswings.

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/11

Hallo Tammy

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/11

Hallo Tammy

Reply to cyberdoc