Question
Posted by: ekke | 2008/07/18

Blood Test-funny result?

Morning doc,

After a pregnancy test with a very faint line, I decided to get a blood test rather(BHCG screen). I went on Tuesdy afternoon. The result came back saying: >  equivocal. I phoned the lab and they requested that I repeat the test within 48 hours because the count was 5? On Wednesday morning my period started, but only lasted 2 days. (very little though)

Do you think I must go for a blood test again or could the menstruation had something to do with the result?

thank you!

It does not look like you are pregnant. 5 is a negative result.

2
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/07/18

Its possible you had a chemical pregnancy, if you bled then I dont think you are pregnant.

Reply to Dee GTC
Posted by: Nix | 2008/07/18

Usually a count of 5 indicates a negitive result. I can' t explain why the home test would have said positive.

Reply to Nix