Question
Posted by: Mubinah Soopee | 2010-01-18

Blood test analysis

Dear DietDoc
I' m 42 years old and I went for a blood test analysis. It revealed that I have free radicals, parasites, hyper acidic.
I' m on this course whereby I' ve been given calcium &  salmon oil tablets, sevenpointfive tablets for parasites, sachets of coral to be placed in 1.5litre of water to drink for the day as well as probiotics. I also take Pressure Eeze forte for my high blood pressure.
I' ve cut out wheat, gluten, only use goat' s milk products, natural sugar, rock salt and eat vegetables and fruits, very little meat, mostly fish &  chicken.
I have 1 cup of coffee in the morning and 1 cup of tea at night.
The water is a lot as my stomach stay " big"  and I feel full.

It' s been 2 weeks now and I haven' t really lost weight in my upper body. Is it too early to tell? Should I be going for an AlCal test to check for allergies?

I appreciate your response.
Thank you and regards
Mubinah

Dear Mubinah
I think that the calcium plus the coral (which I believe also contains calcium) and the salmon oil tablets and probiotics are excellent supplements that should be beneficial, I have no knowledge of the sevenpointfive tablets and how effectively they kill parasites. You don't mention what type of parasites you have? I am also not acquainted with Pressure Eeze, but if you suffer from high blood pressure then I would recommend that you consult a medical dr for hypertensive treatment. There is no difference between rock salt and table salt and if you do have high blood pressure you should be cutting down on salt intake. The recommended liquid intake for adults is 2,5 litres a day (you say that you drink 1,5 L of water plus 2 cups of coffee/tea (=500 ml)) so your liquid intake is not excessive. If you have true wheat or milk allergies you need to have proper tests done at a pathology lab (your gp will arrange such tests), otherwise there is no reason to cut out wheat and gluten and to drink goat's milk. If you are following these dietary restrictions to lose weight, then you should rather use the DASH diet which will also help to lower your blood pressure. Please do NOT have an ALCAT test for allergies as it has been announced that these tests do not determine if you are allergic. I have just written a Topic on this subject to warn Readers not to waste money on these tests, esp if they want to lose weight. The article on the ALCAT test should be available on the Diet site by tomorrow. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page tomorrow and check out the week's DietDoc Topic. When you are on the Diet Site click on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. This diet is low in fat and sodium which will respectively assist with weightloss and lower your bp.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-01-18

Dear Mubinah