Posted by: Jerome | 2009-08-06

blood test

Hi Cyberdoc, i recently asked you a question regarding doing a testosterone blood test to see if my levels are low (24 year old male) . After doing some research Ive seen that the following factors should be measured in the blood test to see if testosterone injections are suitable for someone as young as me: estradiol/estrogen , prolactin , leutinizing hormone(LH) , free testosterone and total testosterone. Do you have any idea how much a blood test that meausures these factors would cost and do you think its worth it? Would a GP be able to help me with translating the blood results or should I see a endocronologist who specializes in this? If the latter, then do you know of any endo' s in the Durban area and can you give me their contact details. Thanks.

Dear Jerome
The cost will depend on the lab - not all the tests may be necessary, one can begin with a few basic ones, and I think an urologist will be the right specialist to see. Look on - click in the blue block on free search to look for an urologist in your area.