Posted by: Katie | 2011-07-19

Blood sugar levels

Hello. Today my mother in law pricked my finger with her sugar level reading machine and tested my sugar levels. I got 10.2. I HAD just finished eating 2 chocolate biscuits dunked in my tea...but surely that''s still really high? I''ve been tested for diabetes around a year ago, and I was fine. I''m 30, and weight 52kgs and 1.57m tall. My aunt is diabetic, but she''s very overweight.
I have a sweet tooth, and I don''t exercise as much as I should. Should I be concerned??

I really doubt that you have diabetes but I do suggest that you consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test, which is very accurate to determine if you are diabetic or not.