Question
Posted by: curious | 2009-01-20

blood sugar levels

I am just curious, lately I have been feeling run down, weak and dizzy. I finally went to the doctor, my blood sugar levels was at 3.2. What is the normal level as my doctor said its very low and could that be the reason for my symptoms. As usual I only thought
about the results after I have left the surgery. By the way I am 42 and female.

Thanx for all the great feedback

Dear Curious
Bloodsugar levels go up and down during the day - sweet foods can cause a sudden drop in the levels, and being without food for more than 4-5 hours can also cause a drop in the sugar level. Normal level is usually around 5 mmol per litre, and can go up to 11 mmol/litre after a meal. Fasting blood sugar should be less than 6.5 -7
Look at your diet - a low fat, low GI, low sugar diet with lots of vegetables, enough protein and complex carbohydrates stabilizes bloodsugar