Posted by: Michiel | 2012-06-21

Blood Sugar Level

If one''s BSLevel is reading 6.2,
Must one be alarmed,see a docter,or just watch and eat correctly,and check level say 2 monthly.
Status : Senior 78 years,1.75M.weight 180 kg

You are severely overweight and you will have to consult a doctor to exclude metabolic syndrome. A random blood glucose of 6.2 is not dangerous but you can be prediabetic and will need treatment with Glucophage tablets to prevent diabetes in the future.

Posted by: Christine | 2012-06-25

Hi I have these sudden burning chest pains, numbness in my legs and hands on my left hand side. I have checked my sugar levels and it was 4.5 in the morning after I eat it was 6.5. If I have a coke or something sweet I feel fine for a sort while then it is back again.I have tested my blood pressure and it was fine. Do you think I have a sugar problem?
Christine Thoolsi 011 519 0200

Reply to Christine
Posted by: miccha | 2012-06-22

Hi, I would go to the doctor and do a glucose tolerance test, this will establish if you have a blood sugar problem if you are concerned about diabetes. considering your age and weight i dont suggest you mess around with this as diabetes is no joke.

Good Luck

Reply to miccha