Posted by: E | 2009-02-27

Blood Spots &  Bruising

Hello Dr,
I have been taking Ecotrin for 8 months and I have noticed that I am bruising far more than before. I also have found on my arm just above the wrist that round blood spots appear about 3mm in diameter and the skin breaks open and bleeds very easily. Is it possibly the Ecotrin and if so what should I do.

I have also found its a month since I flew back from overseas that the swelling around my legs does not go away easily. I soak my feet and it will be OK for a while then the swelling and the tightness returns.

Please can you advise.

Thank you for visiting

The Ecotrin is a anti-coagulation drug, thus preventing your blood from clotting in the normal way. The Ecotrin will therefore, definately cause excessive bruising. Consult your doctor to have blood tests done to confirm the need for this drug.

Kind regards