Question
Posted by: lisa | 2012-11-08

blood spots

hi doctor, i''ve been noticing more and more that when i have pressure from something heavy or sometimes even a bag over my shoulder or the seatbelt, i get marks like blood spots under my skin. is this indicative of something serious? could you maybe point out a few reasons why this could be happening to me, as im quite worried? im a 26yr old female, fair-skinned, dont take any medication, no surgical or medical history at all, non-smoker and non-drinker.
thank you :)

Lisa

As you are fair-skinned, it is possible that the abrasion causes small subcutaneous blood vessels to burst. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests, to determine if there is any underlying cause.