Question
Posted by: Anca | 2012/10/18

Blood presure

I need to know more about bloodpresure. When does someone have high blood pressure. Is it when the top reading is high or when the bottom reading is high? My husband top reading is the last few weeks more than 120 and his bottom reading between 75 and 80. Does this mean it is normal or high?

Anca

Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation regarding blood pressure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_pressure

Your husband can consult his doctor for a 24 hour blood pressure monitor to determine if his blood pressure is abnormal. The readings that you are providing is unclear to me.