Question
Posted by: Naz | 2010/02/22

Blood pressure medication?

Dear Doc
I''''m 37,female, experience the normal daily headaches and suffer from sinus, take cetrizine daily. Two weeks ago felt ill went to doctor and my BP was 140/80. Went a week later and BP was 160/90. He gave me Ziak which caused skin rash and worse headaches. Went back to another doctor at same practice was given Prexum plus. Gives me terrible nausea and heavy feeling in my head. Stopped taking it on saturday and havent felt nausea and the feeling in my head not as bad. What do you suggest I do? Dont want to keep going to the same doctor and keep changing medication when I never even had High BP before. Please advise.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Naz,

Keep an eye on the pressure - If it stays high you'll have to have it treated.
Regarding the medicines: it may take a few days for your body to adapt to any new medicine, but should adverse effects persists you'll have to report it to your doc untill your BP is under control.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/02/23

Hi Naz,

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist