Question
Posted by: anon | 2011-01-11

blood pressure and heart rate

Regarding blood pressure and resting heart rate, what readings would be considered a concern?
I''m 27 year-old female (5ft11"  and broad-build). I''m no athlete, but I do exercise 2-3 times a week for 30min average on each occasion (swim, run, hot yoga) - though not quite trim and slim, I''m of average fitness.
My RHR can be anywhere from 45 to 55bpm and my blood pressure (as tested about 3 weeks ago was about 100/60)

I''ve struggled for the last 5 years or so with chronic fatigue.
I often worry that my lethargy might have something to do with my low heart rate. Could this be so? Would it be a waste of time having this checked out with a doctor?

Dear Anon
I think it may be wise to just have a general heart examination and ECG to exclude a possible heart bradicardia (abnormal slow heartbeat)
See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bradycardia/DS00947/DSECTION=causes
It may be worth your while to also check your iron levels and thyroid hormone levels.
dr Bets

5
Posted by: Sindy | 2011-01-13

I am 28 y ,for n week long i feel sick,have no energy,want to sleep al the time.diziness.can not even look after my children.my blood was tested and was 128 top,middel96.and hartrate 119.please can you help,i am not use to feel like this,before i had energy ,clean house and excise.

Reply to Sindy
Posted by: Sindy | 2011-01-13

Reply to Sindy
Posted by: anon | 2011-01-12

Thank you for your respnse and reference.

Reply to anon
Posted by: anon | 2011-01-12

Reply to anon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-12

Dear Anon
dr Bets