Posted by: steve | 2011-03-06

blood pressure and ED

A while ago I wrote to you about the effects of blood pressure tablets on ED - from which I suffer. I stated that I was on Ziak and Amloc

Your reply was :

" Ziak can cause ED and you could ask your doctor to change to an ACE inhibitor like Zestril instead of the Ziak and Amloc. (although Amloc is usually a safe medication to use when you have ED)." 

My pharmasist has reccommended that I change the Amloc to Ciplavasc as it is a cheaper generic.

Looking through the info pages that come with the medication I note that the Ciplavasc has under side effects " REproductive system - less frequest - Impotence"  while I can not find any reference to Ed or impotency onteh Ziak docuuments.

I also recall a bout three years ago the doctor said soething about that Ziak woudl help teh ED - but I can not be sure I remember that exactly.

Please advise

Ciplavasc does cause ED and I suggest that you use the Ziak or Zestril.