Question
Posted by: natcat | 2010/08/17

blood pressure

I had my blood pressure measured last week - 138/67. It makes sense why i am feeling so weak and faint and nauseas. I am 26 and not very active. i do not smoke but drink occassionally. I have a very stressful job and have a few personal problems at home. I joined the gym last week and have taken on a healthy eating plan. Is there anything else i can do to bring my blood pressure down?

Hallo Natcat
Eating healthy, losing weight if you are overweight, exercising and reducing salt intake may help to reduce blood pressure. However, you should rather have your blood pressure checked daily at the same place for a week and work out the average to determine if you really have hypertension. If you have a strong family history of hypertension, you may need to use medication if the life style changes does not help.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo Natcat
dr Bets