Question
Posted by: Cutie | 2010/06/15

Blood Pressure

Hi I am a 32 year old female who suffers from blood pressure .
I am concerned as I do not want to take medication ( Ridaq) for the the rest of my life . PLEASE HELP . WHAT CAN I DO ???

Also is ridaq the best medication to be on?????

THANKS DOC

Hallo Cutie
If you have familial high blood pressure you may have no other choice than to be on medication long term. You can eat right, and lose weight if you are overweight, and exercise, and see if your blood pressure normalizes. See www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf
There is no "best" medication for hypertension - if it brings your BP down and you don't have unpleasant side effects, it is fine to use. Your doctor will look at different things to decide which medication to prescribe for instance whether you have heart disease or diabetes or kidney disease etc

2
Posted by: Pman | 2010/08/10

Hi Doc, Pur Bloka &  Ridaq causes a cramp in my heart must I continue or change to something else?

Reply to Pman
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/15

Hallo Cutie