Question
Posted by: skye | 2009/03/21

blood pressure

Hi CD

I am feeling a bit tired and listless. I had my blood pressure read and it was 90/116. I was told that it was not that great for the numbers to be that close together. The person who took the blood pressure could not explain why. Could you explain the reading to me. Thanx

Dear Skye

You have mild diastolic hypertension. Bottom reading being 90 diastole. This is not a narrow pulse wave, so the numbers being relatively close together, is not abnormal. Have your blood pressure tested a couple of times and let me know.