Posted by: Jo | 2009-02-19

Blood pressure

A family member has a blood pressure machine, and l have been taking mine as l have been feeling very tired and run down lately. My blood pressure measures 100/59, resting pulse rate = 56.
I' m 25, female. I go to gym 2 x per day, 5 x per week. I do and hour and twenty mins of cardio and an hour of weights. If l dont go l get depressed so please dont tell me not to go so much!
Do you think that its the gym thats making me tired and lowering my BP? Or is there something l can take that will give me more energy. I get dizzy when l stand up and need to eat regularily or l feel even worse!
I have been waking up early as well and stressed at work! Or am l making a moutain out of a molehill!

Dear Jo
No it is not the gym that causes the low blood pressure, some people just have low blood pressure and although it is not dangerous it can make you feel very tired. Effortil helps but I think they have taken it off the market in the last few months. Another tablet you can try is Akrinor but read the package insert carefully.