Question
Posted by: ilze | 2010/02/15

Blood pressue &  clotting

I had a pounding headache, I feel deaf in both ears and went to the docter as a result. She took my blood pressure, it was 180/110, I am 28, 1.5 something and weigh 89kg, and was on triphasal up to Thursday. She said I should stop taking that.
They tried to take blood for cholestrol tests, but I clotted before they could do the tests. I had to go in the nest morning, and again they struggled to get blood - this time trhough a vein - they could not get more than about 2 or 3ml of blood. I did not even feel the sister going in eith hte needle, but the vein immediately " fell flat" . They manage to test the cholestrol at last and it was fine. Should I be worried about the blood clotting? or can I just take half a disprin / aspirin in the mornings as pre caustion?

Hallo Ilze
It won't do any harm to take 1/2 Disprin per day. Are you following up on your blood pressure, which was very high?

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/15

Hallo Ilze

Reply to cyberdoc