Question
Posted by: Tee | 2011/05/17

blood on stool

Hi Doc,

I have been seeing blood on my stool for a few days now. It''s not when I pass soft stool only solid stool it seems. This morning I wiped and there was a lot of bright red blood. It hurts to pass but the pain subsides in minutes after being done. Should I go to the doctor? I cant go until next week. Or is there a home remedy?

Thanks in advance.

Tee

All blood in stools have to be investigated. It can due to a small tare of the anus or something more sinister. Consult your doctor for an examination and a possible stool analysis.