Question
Posted by: worried | 2012/12/03

Blood on my stools

Dear CyberDoc

I am a male in my early 30s and have noticed that whenever i got to the bathroom, there is blood on my stools. This does not occur everyday but cums n goes. Please advice, I am deeply worried.

Blood per stool has to be investigated and it is very important to consult a gastroenterologist for an examination and possible colonoscopy. It is possible that you merely have a small bleeding hemorroid or something more sinister like cancer. Do not be too concerned and rather consult your doctor as soon as possible.