Question
Posted by: Me | 2010-09-20

Blood loss

I have just had an operation Friday and started bleeding severely i am sure it is about 2 times amount of blood donation. over two days. The bleeding has now stoped.( Sunday morning after a visit to the hospital)- The emergancy Dr did not check my puls blood pressue or HB he just stoped the bleeding. - During the bleeding I did not feel all that bad but in the 24 hours after it stoped i feel tired light headed dizzy thirsty and a bit cold otherwise im well and the wound seems to heal fine with no infection. - Will a HB test from a pharmacy help to determine if i had to much blood loss and the would iron pills be an option.

Hallo Me
Please let the sister at the pharmacy check your blood pressure and your HB. Let me know what the result is. If the HB is between 10 and 12 you can use an iron supplement. If it is lower than 10 you should let your GP know as you may need a blood transfusion.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-20

Hallo Me