Posted by: Nads | 2013-01-14

I''ve notice quite a bit of blood in my stools for the last week. I don''t know if it has anything to do with it, but I started to eat Kellogs All Bran Flakes last week and it is ever since that I''ve seen the bright red fresh blood. Is it serious? Should I see a doctor or is there anything over the counter I can try first? Should I stop using the All Bran?

I sincerely doubt that the Keloggs All Bran Flakes is the cause for the blood in your stools. It is very important to consult your doctor for an examination. The blood might be due to a small bleeding hemorrhoid or a small rectal tare but more serious conditions, like colon cancer has to be investigated, by means of a colonoscopy. Don't be too concerned and consult your doctor for a proper examination.