Question
Posted by: jake | 2010/09/23

blood in stools

hi,doc,I''m a 37 year old male,weighing 84 kg''s. I''m a non-smoker and an occasional drinker. For the past 2 or 3 weeks I''ve been noticing blood in my stools. I have no stomach cramps or pains and do not suffer from piles. What''s up?????

Hallo Jake
Red blood in the stool on the paper when you wipe is usually caused by an anal tear or a pile. either internal or external. If the blood is mixed with the stool, is red or blackish, or drips into the bowl when you pass a stool, it could be more serious and be due to an ulcer bleeding, a polyp or even cancer. This always need proper examination starting with a physical examination and followed by an examination under anaesthetic if needed.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/23

Hallo Jake