Posted by: Mpho | 2009-05-19

Blood in stools

i have just come back from the bathroom and there was blood in the stools, also splattered on the toilet basin. could there be an underlying problem. i had a baby in February but the symptoms i had were not extra-ordinary. the stools were not hard and i did not have a tear as well.
in shock, please advice.

Dear Mpho
I think you need to see a doctor, this sounds like there could be a serious problem inside the rectum and it needs examination. It could be a bleeding polyp or a growth in the rectum. Hemorroids or small tears usually give just a smear on the paper.

Posted by: Ivy | 2009-05-20

I don' t think you should worry too' s probably harmoroids, especially if you have been pregnant not long ago. Haemodoids are common during pregnancy...I' d advise you to drink lots of fluids esp. water and eat food with lots of fibre. But if it continues, you should have it checked out.

Reply to Ivy
Posted by: T | 2009-05-19

This could be a sign of a ruptured ulcer (please wait for reply from Cyber Doc). My mother in law had this and she had a ruptured ulcer!

Reply to T