Posted by: Gitta | 2009-02-18

Blood in Stool of Puppy

My 14 month old puppy has been passing a bloody mucus at the end of his stool –  he passes a normal stool and then keep straining and then passes the bloody mucus.
This started after he was de-wormed. My vet thinks it might be as a result of him having worms and gave him more de-worming meds a week after the first dose.
I feed Hills and Ekinuba but he does not seem to like it at all.
The puppy is very lively and does not seem ill at all. I have put Protexin on his food.

Dear Gitta

You need to put protexin on his food for at least 4-6 weeks. A next step would be to use Eukanuba Intestinal Diet.
If your puppy is not fantastic eater, do not encourage him to eat more than needed. If you live in the George area order it from my shop in York Street (opposite Agri) or if you give swimming lessons I will drop it off for you. My shop number 044-8744060.

Posted by: lee | 2009-02-19

it happened with my puppies the worms had died in their tummies and they had to go on antibiotics

Reply to lee