Question
Posted by: Liz | 2012-05-20

Blood in stool

Hey.. Since Friday 18/05/2012 i have a excessive amount of blood in my stool. I think its a case of haemorrhoids. Alot of time i have the burn (like hell), but never ever bleeding. I thought(because i have Endometriosis)its my periode starting without me knowing,but it was not. The blood is alot, red, clotty and tarry.
So now everytime i go there is blood and im getting worried..

Please help.

Liz

It is imperative that you consult your doctor for an examination and possible colonoscopy. Heamorrhoids present with bright, red blood. If the blood is a tar-like substance, black and sticky, it is possible that you have a gastric ulcer. You will have to mention all your symptoms and presentation of stools to your doctor, as it is possible that he will also have to do a gastroscopy. Do not delay - consult your doctor ASAP.