Question
Posted by: Carmy | 2010-09-06

Blood in stool

I sent you question some time ago,about me passing blood in my stool,I went to see a specialist,and he said its 3rd dregree hemerroids,is there any way you can explain further to me about this to me please,
He also said he will have to operate,is the operation a MUST, coz I hear some people after they have this kind of op, they suffer really bad.
Thanx for all your help.
God Bless
Carmy

Hallo Carmy
A hemorroid is actually a varicose vein of the anus. One gets superficial veins just under the skin that would cause the "common" hemorroids on the outside that we usually treat with creams etc, but one also gets internal veins that can prolapse, ulcerate and bleed. See pictures on http://www.health.com/health/library/mdp/0,,tp12884,00.html
If it is 3rd degree, it is probably better to operate but ask your doctor exactly what he will be doing - some use laser, some just put in stitch in the hemorroid and then cut the excess tissue out. I think the modern hemorroid operations are less painful than a few years ago.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-06

Hallo Carmy