Question
Posted by: Catherine | 2010-04-29

Blood in Stool.

Sorry such a gross subject. I am not 100% sure, but I think I am seeing blood in my Stool. It isn''''t every time and is usually in larger peaces. I see like a dark red something in the cracks of the stool. When I wipe there is no blood, but I do sometimes have mucus. I am in no pain or anything, I am not even constipated.

I am now 5 months pregnant and I am not sure if I should panic or not. Could this be cancer?

Kindest Regards
Cath

Hallo Cath
If you have blood in the stool, especially if it is mixed with stool you need to have an examination to find the cause - this could be an indication of bleeding high up in the colon which can be due to serious problems like cancer or inflammation or a bleeding polyp. Take a fresh stool sample (about 1 teaspoon full) to your doctor in a clean empty container and ask him to send it to the lab to test for blood if you aren't sure.

2
Posted by: John | 2010-04-29

See you Dr ASAP

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-29

Hallo Cath

Reply to cyberdoc