Question
Posted by: Carmy | 2010/01/12

Blood in stool

I need help please, sometimes when I using the toilet I pass blood, its not painful but the toilet will be full of blood.Why is this so and what test do I need to go for to find out what the problem is, will a normal GP know what the problem is. Im very scared.
Thanx doc for giving such great advice and always helping other.
God Bless
Carmy

Hallo Carmy
Please see your doctor - he must do a rectal examination to exclude a bleeding hemorroid, and if needed he may send your for an examination under anaestetic to look for polyps/cancer/bleeding veins/infection in the colon. Mostly these bleeds are NOT due to cancer, but must be treated as you can become very aneamic due to this.
Let me know what he says?
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/12

Hallo Carmy
Let me know what he says?
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc