Question
Posted by: Blue™  | 2008/09/29

Blood in Stool

hi,

All my animals are rescues. my most recent addition seemed to be doing well until this morning. my maid called and said that he (i think he is about 4 weeks) has a very runny tummy (water) and that there is some blood.

any ideas. i will take him to see a vet but i get home late and will only be able to take him on Saturday. Any ideas till then.

He is also really skinny (literally skin and bones) he has however started to put on a little weight since i rescued him.

Dear Blue

Sorry for my late reply, away for a few days. Hope the vet sorted things.

3
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/29

He does need to see a vet sooner than saturday!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Blue™  | 2008/09/29

I don' t think anything has been done for him. when i got him on the weekend he was in terrible shape. some kids had him in a box and he was dehydrated. He is no longer dehydrated and his stomach seems to go between runny and ok.

I doubt he has had any vacs as i believe him to only be about 4 weeks old.

Reply to Blue&#8482 
Posted by: Mandi | 2008/09/29

Can' t you get him to the vet sooner? A few hours can make all the difference in a puppy/kitten this young. If it is something serious, then Saturday might be too late.
Has he been dewormed?

Reply to Mandi