Posted by: Louise | 2009-04-28

Blood in seman

Last night my bf had blood in his seman. We haven' t had sex for about a week as I was on my period then last night when I went to clean up afterwards there was blood in his seman. This was most definatly not from me as it was actually mixed with the seman. This has never happend before! Before I speak to him about it I would like to know what the possible causes could be. He is a fit healthy 33 year old professional. Thank you

Dear Louise
This is quite common and called hematospermia. It could be due to heavy exercise, sometimes due to a slight infection, sometimes (most commonly) it just happens without any reason. In rare cases it is a sign of possible cancer. If it goes away by itself ( which it often does) it is usually not something to worry about. If it doesn't it will be good if your GP can do an urine test to check for infection and examine his prostate for possible infections or abnormalities.

Posted by: Louise | 2009-04-29

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated!

Reply to Louise