Posted by: Marlien | 2011-08-16

Blood in discharge - Sometimes/Sometimes not

I am experiencing having blood in my discharge. Sometimes more than other times and somtimes not at all. I have always been battling with constipation and not being regular therefore I t use Senokott almost everyday. I recently had my second child (4 months ago) and also had a sterilization at the same time. Right after that I actually been quite regular. Now it started again, but also the bleeding seems more often. What is wrong and should it be a concern? Should I be worried or is there something that I can get over counter for treatment to see if it gets better?

Expert ImageNatural health

you do not mention the color of the blood. if it is bright red then it might be hemorrhoids. they might be external or internal. With bowel movements these can aggravate the hemorrhoids. If the color is darker in color or is not on the toilet paper when you wipe then please consult a practitioner.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie