Question
Posted by: shameema | 2010/04/08

Blood Groups

hello
I did a blood test to find out what blood group i am and i was told i am OB Positive, but i googled it and i read up that there is no such a blood type.

i am looking for a diet according to my blood type

hope you can help

Dear Shameema
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

2
Posted by: Karabo | 2010/05/04

I have tried the blood type diet 2 years ago. I am 29 years old and have had a problem of endless fatigue, I would be treated for worms every so often by my doctor, I get a loose tummy from cereals, milk causes a hot temperature rash on my neck and I had always had a bad day from eating a banana.

Not that it''s totally divine, but the blood type diet has taught me how to listen to what my body is telling me it needs or does not want and has helped me improve on half of my physical discomforts.

I follow the blood type diet to a certain level, I drink enough water daily and I exercise 3 times a week. I am doing better healthwise by doing only as much as I can maintain. But when it comes to using the way of eating as a way to loose weight - no, no, no - I don''t believe in that. Lead a healthy lifestyle and do not start things you cannot maintain on the long run.

Reply to Karabo

Dear Shameema