Posted by: Rina | 2009-09-02

Blood group diet

Hi, Iam going to try and go on the blood group diet, How many of you guys have tried it and does it work.

Dear Rina
I hope that the other Readers will give you feedback on the blood group diets. I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. For example, it is not credible that every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet.
Rather use an energy-reduced, low-fat balanced diet and regular exercise to lose weight.

Posted by: B | 2009-09-02

I found this to be beneficial, as the foods to be avoided do not agree with me at all. Also the foods I enjoy most are good for me!

I am blood group O-Neg and also find the high protein, low or no carb is perfect for me.

Good luck.

Reply to B