Posted by: More info | 2009-04-03

Blood Group

What does a blood type have to do with eating habits. A friend of mine told me that if I knew my blood at SureSlim they will tell me which food are good/bad for my blood type. Is it true?

Dear More Info
I am not sure if SureSlim use the blood group approach. However, I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet. Rather use a low-fat balanced diet which includes all the food groups and plenty of exercise to lose weight.

Posted by: Lhoza | 2009-05-08

is it not logical to find out what your blood type/group is so you can eat foods that empower it to fight infectious deseases, eg, if they say honey and cinnamon is a natural immune booster then taking it would naturally boost the immune cells to fight deseases.

Reply to Lhoza
Posted by: Talita | 2009-04-03

I think if anyone knows anything about digestion and the enzymes involved in the stomach and how food is finally broken down to glucose, amino acids and tiny lipid droplets then absorbed, you' d know that blood type does not come into the picture. Eg. How can cabbage make some people put on weight and make others lose weight? The kJ amount is still exactly the same. I do however think that certain foods work for some better than for others, from person to person, but not blood type to blood type.

Reply to Talita