Posted by: *** | 2008-11-04

Blood group

Is it true that different foods effect you differently because of your blood group, that you will loose wieght by eating according to your blood group?

Dear ***
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet. Rather use a well balanced low-fat diet and exercise to lose weight.

Posted by: TO MR O | 2008-11-07

MR O you are just lazy .' I CANT LOSE WEIGHT'  IS JUST LAZY MENTALITY .get off your big bum and go to gym and you will lose weight , I promise you .

Reply to TO MR O
Posted by: *** | 2008-11-05

Thanks diet doc - your response makes sense!

Reply to ***
Posted by: Mr O | 2008-11-04

I am o-pos. no ways can I lose weight. You are fat and that is a fact!!!

Reply to Mr O