Posted by: phebe | 2012-07-04

blood drawing concerns

Hi there!
I went to draw blood for test results on Saturday at a hospital. Afterwards my lower arm and hand had swolen, I had a swolen bump just underneath where the blood was drawn and severe pain. I could not bend my arm. Now my arm (veins) is brused and blue from the midsection of my arm downwards. I also still have the swolen bump. The pain went away yesterday but now its acting up again. I would just like to find out if this is normal (Ihave previously drawn blood but never happened before) and what can I do about the brusing and pain?

Unfortunately, when the blood was drawn, there was an accumulation of blood in the soft tissue. This will resolve over a period of a week or two. Ask your pharmacist for Thrombo trhob ointment, as this will accelerate the healing process. If there is any sign of redness, tenderness and warmth, you will have to consult your doctor, as it is possible that the area have become infected.