Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

Blood clots (lungs) Wafarin

Hi - in October last year the doctors told me had blood clots in my lungs. they placed me on wafarin. How long does it take for the blood clots to ' disappear'  and can your body still form blood clots while you are on wafarin?

Dear Anonymous
The body gradually removes the clots over a period of time and can take up to 3 months. If you take your warfarin correctly and your INR is within the right limits, you should not form more clots. Most people need to take warfarin for at least 12 months after they had a lung clot.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/22

After the blood clots have gone ...what damage is there to the lungs afterwards?